RE: (ET) Age & Equipment

I run a ryobi cordless.  The batteries are 2 12 volt sealed lead acid 18 ah ups type battery.  Picked up a new set off of eBay for a scooter that was messed up in delivery (so the story goes) for $12 and $15 in shipping.  I would think the B&D mower would be on the same line.  They might not be as good as originals but the price is right.

-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Jeff Tickner
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 10:50 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Age & Equipment

Age 39 and I have had an E15 for a few years, used primarily for snow blowing. My mower needs lots of work and I've been meaning to ship the 4 frozen motors to Bill to see if he could rebuild 3 good ones, guess I waited too long. I'll have to see if anyone local can do it. I don't have much money for this hobby or much time so my tractor needs a lot of work, an Alltrax is planned except for the $$ I hope to tear it down this summer and fix the rust, paint and prepare for the Alltrax.

I also am planning on putting in a 12V battery for accessories to be fed by a 36V to 12V converter. The converter is only 3AMP and it will be feeding 2 12V 18AH SLA and I'm wondering if I need a charge controller?

I've been using my ICE tractor for mowing until this year when I made a concerted effort to use a Craftsmen rechargeable mower (rebadged B&D) I traded my old Lawnboy for. It has a weak battery so I have to recharge it 4 times to do my lawn. PITA. A replacement battery from B&D is over $200!!! I'll have to pull the battery out and see if I can match it to anything, it's 24V so I assume it's 2 12V SLA batteries.

Jeff Tickner
Technical Support
800-545-9485, Ext 536
SoftLanding Systems