Re: (ET) Bill Gunn no longer accepting orders

I would join $100 co-op.

Indeed, I am as flexible as I am enthusiastic about keeping parts
available.
I love my ETs and I rely on them!

Here's another thought, which may have already been suggested.... it is a
combination of two ideas, one from a thread a half-a-year old, and one new
one. It is probably not quite workable, but I'll throw it out there because
it may have useful parts. (It is about stock, not about knowledge; I like
the ideas that have come before about that category.)

The old thread: a web-based PARTS registry. (I mentioned that I am working
on a PHP3/MySQL database for another application very similar in function
this.) With this registry, everyone with parts to share (sell or give) can
put them up in the database; thus any of us could know who has a part
needed, but no one person has to inventory the world of parts out there.

The essence: a distributed ownership model of replacement parts (reducing
the inventory level for any *one* person to a simple, manageable level,
while maintaining a large stock, but, with the database, making it still a
searchable inventory as if it were central.)

The new idea is an extension of that: find out how much it would cost for
us
to buy up and distribute the rare and essentials of Bill's stock, and we
all
buy...
- what we can afford to buy (and store)
- the parts we owners believe are useful

The win-win is that Bill gets the well-deserved financial benefit and
relative simplicity of a liquidation, and we get the the long-time benefit
of parts availablity within the user community.

Ok, I have other things I am supposed to be doing...

bye for now,
long live the ETs,
-Max