Re: (ET) Re: et/solar

I think there are two schools of thought surrounding the elect trak, which
seems confirmed by the demographic info people have been submitting.  One
being the person that loves the convenience, quietness, uniqueness,
engineering, quaintness, and memories of the elec trak.  The other being
the
person that is trying to severe the link between them and fossil fuel
dependency, and finds an elec trak fits right in to this vision.  I am with
the second camp, and it is more important to me that I mow my lawn off
power
generated from either the sun, wind, or generator (biodiesel ran) than to
just mow my lawn using electricity, which is probably produced using dirty
coal, diesel, dammed rivers, or nuclear power.  So for some it may seem off
topic to talk about the Solar PV system behind the elec trak, but for
others
running an elec trak poses a special challenge to solar systems and I
welcome any discussion on the ins and outs of solar systems that keep the
elec traks going.  Maybe I am one of the few that do this and there is no
need to bring this up because I think I got it down.  But I am willing to
give exposure to this type of system and help anybody that has an elec trak
and is thinking about generating their own power for it.  For discussion of
strictly PV solar systems there are better venues to discuss the subject.
The thing I like about this group is that it seems very engineer smart.  I
am interested in all aspects of energy production, particularly related to
keeping the hungry elec trak fed.  I once just about got thrown out of the
group for mentioning the idea of turning an elec trak into a hybrid,
charging off the back with a small motor and alternator while you mow.  The
response was, "why use an elec trak if you are just going to run a dirty,
loud motor to power it", which was a mute point to me since at the time I
was running a dirty, loud motor to charge my elec trak anyway and could
have
increased my efficiency by converting it to a hybrid based tractor. For
what
its worth.

Jeremy