Re: (ET) ETs After Bill Gunn

I'm just trying to think about what on my tractors is likely to break or
wear out that I could not make, obtain, replace with an upgrade, or have
rebuilt. It is not a long list:

- Sheet metal parts.  Some would take some work to build.  Others not.  My
E14 came with with front side panels that were made for the previous owner
by a sheet metal shop. They work and look fine.

- Brushes.  I have not had to deal with them, so I don't know how easy
they are to come by.

- Mower motors.  You can't get these rewound. If those magnets go to hell,
you are out of luck.

- Some parts for the steering. The gears would be hard to replicate.

- Specialty parts, like that tiller lift I've been looking for.

If you have good sheet metal and you keep your tractor maintained, I think
the biggest problem is mower motor casings and fields. We should
concentrate on identifying parts like this and look for suitable
substitutes.

Brad