Re: (ET) Bill Gunn

Well, if that's the case then I would hope he would fill one last set of orders so we could get enough parts to last for awhile. I for one would buy a few sets of brakes, renewables for the snow blower, meters, and relays to keep from running out.

Ah well.
Chris

Travis Creswell wrote:

Thanks Jeff,

Constructive nay saying is welcome.  I just didn't want the list flooded
with folks who aren't interested in a COOP.

He gave me the same reasons and they all are very valid.  It's quite
questionable if his business is worth taking over or buying from a business
stand point.  Just as you say, the time and real money invested to profit
ratio should scare any realistic person off.

I think the only real way to keep a reliable source of Elec-Trak parts
around is to do what it takes to keep Bill around.  Bill has the skills and
experience to re-engineer parts and already the systems in place to track
the parts.  He mentioned to me that it takes hundreds of dollars to convert
an older drawing into the DXF type files that a computer driven machine
takes to make parts.  If the COOP fee allowed him to employee a person to
take the some of the daily drudge off then he might see it as fun again.
Perhaps that employee could set up the website that all of us could order
parts from?  I don't know what the answer is.  I do know that it would take
me a year (if ever) to fix my Elec-Trak the next time something breaks if I
can't order the parts from Bill anymore.   Bottom line is that he might not
be interested in anything so all of these electrons are wasted.

Travis Creswell
Joplin, MO

Hello All,
I was on the phone with Bill trying to place an order when the post
about Bill not taking order came in.
Let me relay a few of Bills reasons for not continuing.

1. Suppliers: Bill kept loosing suppliers. 2. People would have Bill trouble shooting their problems,( time spent)
then not buy parts.
3. Time that it takes to order, stock, ship vs. profit.
4. It stooped being fun for him.

These were a few of the valid reasons that Bill gave.

Anyone taking over this business will have to deal with these real
issues.
Not Nay saying, just stating facts.
Jeff

Sincerely,
Jeffrey A. Krug
Test Engineer I
The Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Co.
640 Hopmeadow Street P.O. Box 429
Simsbury, CT 06070
Phone: 860-843-2072
Fax: 860-843-2069