RE: (ET) Bill Gunn no longer accepting orders

Oh this really stinks.  I, for one, would be willing join a COOP with a
$100
annual membership just to keep Bill going.  I spoke to him about this on
Monday and he wasn't terribly interested.  So the COOP might not work at
all
regardless of what kind of deal we can put together for Bill.  We didn't
get
into any details as he sounded very tired both physically and mentally.
Those of you who've talked to him over the years might be able to detect
this as well.  As an owner of small business that I started from scratch 12
years ago I can certainly understand his feelings.

Does anyone else think some sort of COOP that defrays Bill's storage and
engineering costs is something even worth talking about?  250 members x
$100
each = 25k per year.  That might be enough to keep him interested.  But
1000
members x $50 year might be?  I have no feeling of the amount of active
owners nor do I know how many would be willing to pay or what they would
pay.  I'm just throwing this idea out.

Nay sayer's please keep your comments to yourself.  I don't care if you can
fix everything on the tractor in your own machine shop.  It's probably not
good idea and there might no be enough owners to do it anyway.  So again,
please keep the negative comments to yourself.  I'm not asking you to be
involved in this.  I bet there are a lot of owners like me out there who
have the skills to find and change out the broken part but not enough time
to reengineer and manufacture broken and irreplaceable parts.

Travis Creswell
Joplin, MO