RE: (ET) PV powered ET more questions

Chris,

if he'd get three independent chargers then this is not a problem.
I hooked up my three Soneil chargers last night after riding around
and doing some trimming work in the evening. The two 12V 100ah
batteries I  have were at about 70% and (each attached to one charger)
are full this morning floating at 13.8V. The two larger 6V are hooked
up to my third 12V charger. These batteries were at about 80% and
the 12V charger was still working on them this morning (13.6V) but
should be done soon.

So for the charging with solar, if Robert would use three 12V
charge controllers and also have the solar panels in parallel to
generate roughly 14V, then he could let them all connected. The
smaller batteries would just finish charging earlier as the large
ones but due to the different charge controllers they would not
overcharge. What I learned the last days was that having a
controller per battery is the best solution for the batteries
(even if they are the same size).
The only issue I see with three 12V charge controllers is that
the power diverted by one charge controller when the battery reaches
full may not be available for charging the other batteries. (I
think you made that point in an earlier mail)

I do agree that if you can use a 36V DC-AC inverter then thats
the better solution for generating AC power and balancing the
load. Especially if you don't use much other 12V accessories
like lift and lights.

Markus