(ET) n00b questions

Ok,

I finally figured out HOW to post a "new" msg the other day, what still
confuses me is how to reply to a specific msg.

Also, if I chose to "subscribe" to a message, will I get a "cc" of all
messages
posted from then on, or only those in reply to that message?

Please forgive me, I'm totally unfamiliar with this message list format.
UBB
types are much more prevalent, and all I have used extensively to date.  I
am
also a member of a yahoo "sparrow" EV group which is sort of a combination
of
UBB and e-mail type lists.

TIA.

=====