Re: (ET) RE: ET mowing EV ZTR

um, you don't happen to have an extra one lying around?
Anton
On Apr 8, 2004, at 1:17 PM, Rod Hower wrote:

When I worked at GE I designed a dual motor forklift
control.  All you need is a steering wheel angle
sensor
to control both motors on this setup.
It could easily work with little/no modification
on a ZTR.
Rod
--- Anton Berteaux <krustyacres earthlink net> wrote:
the ZTRs are hydrostatic, which has a couple of
things that annoy me:
inherent inefficiency of hydrostatic drive compared
to chains or other
simple mechanical drives, and the fact that they
need to have the
engine always revved up to make the drive act
correctly. They are
effective, nice to use and pretty bulletproof.
It seems obvious that electric drive would have all
the advantages of
hydrostatic, without any of the disadvantages. The
controls would be
expensive, being essentially two controllers, but
also needing a
coordination between the two: a good example is an
electric wheelchair.
Anton
On Apr 8, 2004, at 11:42 AM, George3476 aol com