(ET) Small frame questions

Thanks to several suggestions, I've been poring over a ton of stuff I
printed from www.elec-trak.org.  I think I'd be satisfied with an E8 or
10.  An E12 or larger would probably be overkill, but I'd jump on a good
one at a reasonable price.  Probably with a front deck.  The responses
I've received suggest the front deck is maybe better for getting around
trees, but no definitive statements yet.

What about the motors?  Someone mentioned the small-frame ETs use PM
motors.  Are they as reliable as the shunt motors on the large frame?
When they fail are they as easy to fix?

The literature says the E8M in standard form came with only three
batteries.  The 1974 product lineup says it's good for mowing 3/4 acre.
But you can get an E8HM (heavy duty) which has six batteries and mows
1.5 acres.  Can I get any E8M and put six 6V batteries in it?  The E10M
only comes with six 6V batteries.

Also, the E8M and E10M both can use a snow blade.  But (maybe a big
but), it's different from the blade used on the large-frame tractors -
42" vs. 48".  Are snow/dozer blades for the small-frame tractors
available out there?  Can a 48" blade be mounted to a small frame?  Or
would that be a bad idea?

Chris