Re: (ET) Re: ET new technology and abandening the ICE (Rod Hower)

Unless you do something really stupid I don't think
it matters.  I've been designing controls for 15 years
and can say that they are very reliable.  I think the
experience of Damon in EV controls will eliminate
the early failures, but then again if you connect
battery positive to negative on the control you might
be in for a surprise.  ET technology was ingenious at
the time, but the components are very unreliable
compared to parts available today (I looked at the
relays and thought they were orders of magnitude
inferior to Chinese built relays available today).  I
should also mention that Song Schwan has been building
relays for companies like Potter-Brumfield, Aromat and
many other big names for years).
New controls are not your enemy, just a really cool
way to make a 30+ year old tractor continue to work.
There are not many products that can claim this!!
Rod.