Re: (ET) E20 failure mode....

> So I took the board off and am going to put new diodes in. What types of
> diodes should I use, and can I just get them at Radio shack?

- I don't think they carry much current, but it's simpler to get the
beefiest thing you can fit in there. A 1N4002 or higher will give you 100V
reverse volatge and 1A and should be at the shack. I've had the same
problem.

> In addition, one of the resistors looks like it is *bulging* and the
> entire thing is soaked with the residue of mouse urine (it's a nice
> shelf for mice to build their nests; I have sucked out several over the
> years) Is it worth getting a new one?

- I would replace it, esp since you'll have it out anyway.

> What else should I think about?

- The electrolytics are at the end of life - I've had a couple bad ones.
Worth replacing. Try to get near the same value uF- higher volts is ok.

- Clean the contact areas

- SteveS
E20
E12Ss