Re: (ET) more off topic power wheels jeep help...

Look at your Elec-Trak. It has the same logic; that's what all of those relays and contactors and resistors are for.

If you slam an E20 into full power the resistors absorb the jolt.

As for the transfer cases, they will break really soon now. On the EV list we have been working on this, and they apparently have the main gear's axle snap at around 18-24 volts. Weight of kids makes a difference too; if it can't wheelie it will snap.

Are you running the motors in series or parallel?

Chris

Chapin, Tim wrote:
Thanks for all the answers on the 12 volt battery..  The Barbie rat jeep is
now cooking on 18 volts (combo of 12 and 6 volt batteries). High speed up
from 5 mph to around 8 mph Starting to wire a TURBO switch for short burst
of 24 volts.. shooting for over 10 mph (wife hates the idea but hay....
more
power)..
At 18 volts I am starting to worry about the plastic gear box holding up.
The kids are doing rev. slams to get it to pull wheelies.  The power wheels
idea of a controller is an on/off switch.  Is there a easy/cheap way to
build a board that would ramp up the volts when the power is sent to the
motors...  Something that might start at 1/3 voltage then jump to 2/3
voltage then full power..  Just something that would ram up the power a
little instead of complete tork at once..  I said easy because I have
little
electrically experience so I need the kis approach. (keep it simple)

At this point the e12m won't keep up...  Maybe...  No...   Still need the
old girl to mow the lawn....