Re: (ET) off topic battery question...

Yep. However if you spend the money and get a Hawker 26ah battery you will have range that will last for a *long* time.

Which is nice.

Chris

Chapin, Tim wrote:

In looking for cheap replacement batteries for my kids power wheels jeep, I came across 12 volt sealed ups batteries rated at 9 ampere hour for $5.00 each. The jeep takes 2 6 volt sealed batteries in series rated at 9.5 ampere hour each.

Is the 2 6 volt batteries (9.5 ampere hour) in series = 12 volts at 19 ampere hour or 12 volts at 9.5 ampere hour?

And is 2 12 volt batteries (9 ampere hour) in parallel = 12 volts at 18 ampere hour or 12 volts at 9 ampere hour?

Just trying to get the Barbie rat jeep rolling at the cheapest possible cost and the longest possible distance....

Thanks for the info.