Re: (ET) Somebody needs to be shocked!! /tractor pulls

Thanks Steve;

I'll check into this, DD is in "my backyard", then again so is
ADC....

I just might have a new hobby here...

Stay Charged!
Hump

P.S. After seeing what the chainsaw went for on EBAY, anyone want
first dibs on mine before I list it.

contacted D&D
>motors and ask if they could make a motor I could use on the ET.
I was
>concerned that we would not have a supply of replacement motors.
The golf
>car motors they make are very good motors and we worked closely
with them in
>creating our DCX controller for the golf car industry.  Golf car
motors are
>made with no shaft sticking out of the case and one end bell
missing.  They
>have a internal splined hole in the armature shaft on the end
with the
>missing end bell.  The motor is mounted directly to the
gearbox/differential
>and the gearbox bearings support the armature with the missing
end.

>I ask D&D if they could make a motor with a shaft and a mounting
pedestal
>like the GE ET motor has.  After receiving one prototype and
making some
>modifications, I will receive the ET version tomorrow or Friday
from D&D.
>They have agreed to make this motor for the ET crowd.  It's a
enclosed motor
>with 7/8" diameter shaft about 2" long.  Has a mounting pedestal
smaller
>than the GE motor.  It's a Sep-X type  motor and our standard
golf car
>controller will drive it.  It's rated at about 11 HP and
operating RPM of
>4500 I think, but don't hold me to it yet.
>
>This motor, a Alltrax DCX400 controller and a 48V battery pack
running a
>timing belt would be the ultimate ET Puller!
>
>I may, and I stress "I MAY", be able to get Alltrax to sponsor a
puller.
>D&D is in NY,  contact D&D directly if you want to upgrade your
motor or ask
>them to sponsor you.  I have not ask them to sponsor anything and
it's
>totally their decision.  I don't want to give the impression that
Alltrax or
>D&D will sponsor every backyard mechanic with an ET for pulling.
But
>someone or a group of someone's who would spend the time and
effort to build
>and attend the events with a really nice looking ET with Alltrax
stickers
>and D&D stickers on it may have a good chance of getting
sponsorship.  I'll
>ask Alltrax management, D&D's web site is www.ddmotorsystems.com
><http://www.ddmotorsystems.com> .  Please contact them directly,
talk to
>Eric, he is the motor engineer at D&D.
>
>I will put up pictures on our web site of the new motor installed
on my E15
>as soon as I can get them up, probably next week some time.
>
>I think a silent puller would be the ultimate disgrace for the
noisy,
>smoking ICE tractors, don't you ?
>
>Please send me your ideas for this...
>
>Steve
>scr echoweb net <mailto:scr echoweb net>

trak cosmos phy tufts edu>