Re: (ET) Somebody needs to be shocked!! /tractor pulls

Hello Everyone,

Boy this ET tractor pull idea has really grown.  This type of thing is just up Alltrax's alley !  We cut our teeth on competition events on land, in the water and some air craft as well.
 After getting my E15 running on the Alltrax controller I contacted D&D motors and ask if they could make a motor I could use on the ET.  I was concerned that we would not have a supply of replacement motors.  The golf car motors they make are very good motors and we worked closely with them in creating our DCX controller for the golf car industry.  Golf car motors are made with no shaft sticking out of the case and one end bell missing.  They have a internal splined hole in the armature shaft on the end with the missing end bell.  The motor is mounted directly to the gearbox/differential and the gearbox bearings support the armature with the missing end.

I ask D&D if they could make a motor with a shaft and a mounting pedestal like the GE ET motor has.  After receiving one prototype and making some modifications, I will receive the ET version tomorrow or Friday from D&D. They have agreed to make this motor for the ET crowd.  It's a enclosed motor with 7/8" diameter shaft about 2" long.  Has a mounting pedestal smaller than the GE motor.  It's a Sep-X type  motor and our standard golf car controller will drive it.  It's rated at about 11 HP and operating RPM of 4500 I think, but don't hold me to it yet.

This motor, a Alltrax DCX400 controller and a 48V battery pack running a timing belt would be the ultimate ET Puller!

I may, and I stress "I MAY", be able to get Alltrax to sponsor a puller.  D&D is in NY,  contact D&D directly if you want to upgrade your motor or ask them to sponsor you.  I have not ask them to sponsor anything and it's totally their decision.  I don't want to give the impression that Alltrax or D&D will sponsor every backyard mechanic with an ET for pulling.  But someone or a group of someone's who would spend the time and effort to build and attend the events with a really nice looking ET with Alltrax stickers and D&D stickers on it may have a good chance of getting sponsorship.  I'll ask Alltrax management, D&D's web site is www.ddmotorsystems.com.  Please contact them directly, talk to Eric, he is the motor engineer at D&D.

I will put up pictures on our web site of the new motor installed on my E15 as soon as I can get them up, probably next week some time.

I think a silent puller would be the ultimate disgrace for the noisy, smoking ICE tractors, don't you ?

Please send me your ideas for this...

Steve
scr echoweb net