(ET) Lever action pot, for controler

        Hello All
         I worked on my "dampend" pot project this weekend. And I now have
very effective and functional unit.
        It's  pretty simple in construction, here is the recipe
1.)     mounted a long shafted pot  on a ¼ on flat piece of polyethylene,
(because I get this for free) any thing will do.
2.)      mounted a rare earth magnet beside the shaft on the ¼ plate on the
knob side of the pot.
3.)      I cut a 3 in disk out of the same material I used for the plate.
4.)     Drilled the center of the disk to the same size as the pot shaft.
5.)     I fastened a 2 ½ in fender washer to the disk with apoxy.
6.)     Drill and tap a large aluminum knob so that a "stick" can be
threaded into the side of the knob. (regular aluminum knobs you get from
Radio Shack). Drill the shaft whole clean through the knob
7.)     Epoxy the dilled out knob on to the disk with the washer  on the
opposite side from the washer, make sure it is centered. (let it all
harden)
8.)     Slip the disk/knob assembly over the pot shaft -- fender washer
towards the magnet.
9.)     Set the pot to zero, spin the knob assembly until the stick is at
zero, and tighten the grub nut in the knob.

The magnet washer combo create enough "stick" to create a smooth but firm
action as you move the lever.
Have I confused you yet? I will send sketches and image to those who ask.

        Regards
        Geof Thompson B.Sc., C.L.S.
        905-336-4698 | facsimile / télécopieur 905-336-8916
        Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca <mailto:Thompsong dfp-mpo gc ca >
        Technical Services | Canadian Hydrographic Service | Services
Technique, Service hydrographique du Canada
        Central & Arctic Region | Région Centrale et de l'Arctique
        Fisheries and Oceans Canada | 867 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington,
(Ontario) L7R 4A6
        Pêches et Océans Canada | 867 chemin Lakeshore, Burlington
(Ontario)
L7R 4A6