(ET) ICE to electric conversion

Hi all,

I have been watching the list for a while and have looked for an Electrak for sale in southern Minnesota with little success. With all the talk about updating Electraks to use a more modern controller, I was think about how much more it would take to convert an ICE garden tractor to electric. I already have a John Deere 112, of approximately the same era the Electrak was made, with a bad engine, along with a mower, tiller, and sickle mower. I was thinking of mounting an electric motor where the current ICE engine is mounted to run the accessories, and mount an separate motor by the transmission to drive the wheels, any thought?

I would greatly appreciate any thought or recommendations you might have such as size and type of motor would work best for this type of application etc...

Thanks,

Todd Lynch

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx