Re: (ET) "gas pedal" - or rheostat??

On 28 Feb 2004 at 22:03, Jim Coate wrote:

> I was hoping for a pre-made foot pedal control unit.

How about this one?  I just found it in a web search, and know nothing
about
it except what you see on this page.  (Note: you have to turn off
javascript
in your browser, or this page will insist on loading its parent frame.)

http://www.happcontrols.com/driving/50819400.htm

They say it's "suitable for exposed locations," and since it's intended
for
use as an arcade game pedal, it should be able to withstand a lot of use.

Price, quantity one: $54.30

The only possible problem might be mounting it.  It looks like it has
quite an
angle already, and mounting to the ET's footrest might make the angle
uncomfortably steep.  Still, I think I'll try one (assuming I can get an
Alltrax - I've sent Steve 2 emails recently, and I haven't heard anything
back
from him).  I'll let the list know how it works.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
    Advertising (n): the science of arresting the human
    intelligence for long enough to get money from it.

                      -- Stephen Leacock