Re: (ET) RE: 50 mph Souped-Up Golf Cars :: NYTime

Oops!

Forgot to send the URL like to the note below.

http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/chez_chaz.html

Dave Reuter

----- Forwarded by Dave Reuter/IAVINC/IAV on 02/24/2004 04:18 PM -----

                      "Dave Reuter"

                      <david reuter iavinc com>          To:
thumphrey mynra com
                      Sent by:                           cc:
elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
                      elec-trak-bounces cosmos ph        Subject:  [RMX:#]
Re: (ET) RE: 50 mph Souped-Up Golf Cars :: NYTime
                      y.tufts.edu

                      02/24/2004 04:14 PM

Tim,

I have seen reports in the past that EV's like the EV1 where approximately
$0.005/mi (half a cent per mile).

With out reading the news clip you mention I believe I know the
entrepreneur that built the 50 mph golf cart they referenced. At least he
is the only person I have ever heard of that actually produce such a thing.
His name is Chaz Haba and was the owner of Planet Electric. He now has
focused his attention on Lithium batteries and has a business called
Lithium House and NuPowr. Talking to him better than a year ago now, he
said he sold the G4 golf cart design that did 50 mph and got about 60 to 90
miles range to Shelby.

Here is a web page I found that talks a little about Chaz. He is really a
very interesting person if you ever get the chance to talk to him. I am
really glad I had the opportunity one summer to visit with him. He is a
very interesting individual.

If you could send me a link to the NY times article I would like to read
it.

Dave Reuter

                      "T Humphrey"

                      <thumphrey mynra com>              To:
<elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
                      Sent by:                           cc:

                      elec-trak-bounces cosmos ph        Subject:  (ET) RE:
50 mph Souped-Up Golf Cars :: NYTime
                      y.tufts.edu

                      02/24/2004 11:44 AM

                      Please respond to thumphrey

<SNIP>

. Gas-powered carts cost pennies a gallon to operate, while
electric models can run all day on one charge.

</SNIP>

Where can I get some of that gas........
pennies a gallon......WOW!

but...the electric can run for much less than a penny a watthour

Stay Charged!
Hump