Re: (ET) motor on E12S...

not being too electronically literate I need some help getting from A to
C, A
being my motor has a shunt which supplies the field.  To get to C I have
to be
sure that the sep-X controller will work with that kind of field.  One of
Richardson's emails talked about their needing to modify the controller to
work
with small current of the E15's field windings 3 amps instead of 30 I
think he
said.  Judging from the small wires going to the field of the E12S motor
and
the fact that it uses a shunt I would guess that the current would be
pretty
low as well???  And if steve is correct that the E12S uses an E15 like
motor it
should work.  What I am really worried about is what will happen if my
field
loses current (blown fuse or fried relay) will the armature still be
getting
current from the controller???

thanks,
dave