Re: (ET) New guy in town...

http://www.electrictractor.com/

check it out.  It's a brand new state-of-the-art machine includes regen
braking. also quite pricey at 5 or 6 grand.

my limited experience with these older machines and reading this list is
that
you will probably end up with a machine that needs some work.  but once
ALL the
problems have been taken care of you'll have a very reliable machine
indeed.

I think the best strategy concerning the wife is to make sure she
understands
that the machine will need some TLC to get it to the reliable point then
put in
the time energy and money to make sure you get it to that point before you
tell
her it is ready to go.  Also I'd make a fresh set of batteries the last
purchase because they'll most likely be your biggest expense.  Fix the
little
things like frayed wire/cable, stuck contactors, corrosion, etc first,
then put
in the fresh batteries.

I'm sure others will have other opinions.  :^)