(ET) inverter

Hey, folks,
A square wave inverter does indeed cause problems for a lot of stuff.  Lights and motors will not last near as long when being used with a square wave inverter.  Basic power tools, cheap lights, etc, will be ok if used intermittently, but I wouldn't plug my laptop into it or anything sensitive like that.  For long term use of sensitive electronics, spend the extra money on a true sine wave inverter (not a modified sine wave- this is just a square wave inverter modified to simulate a sine wave.  Still has quality issues).  They will run around $500.00 to $1000.00 for a 600 to 700 watt unit.
Home Power has a great article on a 700 watt unit in this months issue
Take care!
Steve Anderson
e-15