(ET) Shunt or series

Quick question: Is the motor on the snow blower a series motor or a shunt wound one?

I'm curious because I noticed that after plowing this morning the plow refused to spin up. Just a little grunt and nothing. The chute was clear, as was the auger. The reset button was not out.

I realized the problem was the batteries were low to the point where the motor probably couldn't get it's field up and going to start the armature. So I drove it down to the outlet, charged, and everything was fine.

Odd.
Chris