Re: (ET) Newbie E20 owner questions.

On 27 Nov 2003 at 11:04, steves wrote:

> 24V on the lift will burn it out.

I've been using 24v on mine for about 4 years with no problems (yet).  I
always set the strap for double-reduction, though (double-looping).

I use six East Penn 12 volt, group 24 gel batteries wired series-parallel.
charge them with three external 12v automatic chargers.  They work fine.
Range is less than it would be with golf car batteries, but it's ample for
my
needs.

That said, regular golf car batteries are the most economical and rugged
power
source for ETs.  I used the gel batteries mostly because I had a bunch of
them.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
The question can arise whether with the development of such tech-
nological means of communication as radio, film, and the daily
press, freedom of thought is possible at all.  Does this not mean
constant infection with whatever ideas are in circulation?

                                     -- Czeslaw Milosz, 1942