Re: (ET) GE Sep-Ex controllers?

It appears as though the armature current rating is based on a 50% duty cycle. Am I understanding this correctly? If that be the case, operating the tractor to it's full capabilities may prove disappointing with this control.
----- Original Message -----
From: tjwilhelm
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 9:39 PM
Subject: (ET) GE Sep-Ex controllers?

Hello ElecTrak Folks,

Does anyone on this list have any experience with the GE controllers for separately excited shunt field DC motor?   Any idea of cost?  Or reliability?  Or ease of installation and use?   I found them on the net at this link:  http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/products/products/products?pnlid=4&id=sx2semtc .

It appears they have an RS-232 interface, so they can be programmed like the Alltrax unit.  They also come in 4 different sizes.   The SX-2 is a 400A unit and appears it could handle an E15, E-16, or E-20.

I'd appreciate any feedback anyone may have.

Thanks,
Tim Wilhelm