From: Hazen, Dwight L [mailto:hazen indiana edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 4:15 PM
To: elec-trak
Cc: Stigall, John D.
Subject: RE: (ET) Tractor ride not smooth

 The more tension you put on the belt the more wear you place on the
bearings in the motor and transmission. With the dual belt system you do
not need to tighten it as much, so the bearing have an easer time of it.
Not sure it matters much in a garden tractor that gets 50 hour or less
of use a year, but I plan on keeping mine for as long as I need to mow.

 One of the two places I may end up in may not need an Elec-Trak for
mowing. One place is too hot for grass to grow and the other has a rule
against tenants doing outside landscaping, after all it's a gated
community!

  Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen,
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378
812-855-5367 IP phone 812-856-9229
hazen indiana edu http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/
Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net http://wb9tlh.ampr.us
"The complexity of your life is directly proportional to how many gas
engines you own - 2 cycles count double."