From: "Chris Zach" <czach computer org>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 5:40 PM
Subject: (ET) Paint

What a difference....

Today I was using the tractor, and I just got tired of looking at it's
current Franken-Tractor paint job. The hood rusted way back when, and I
painted it with Rustoleum Deere Yellow. And I also painted bits of the
frame, half the deck, etc. It's critical to cover exposed metal, but to
be honest the tractor looked *silly*

So when I took off the control box cover plate I took the thing to Home
Despot and had them "match the paint". Picked up a quart and a brush.

*WOW*

The paint match is basically perfect. I did the plate and it looks just
like the rest of the tractor, only cleaner. I then did the whole hood
top, and it blends in *perfectly* with the sides. In fact from a
distance of a foot I can't see any difference. It just makes such a
difference! The tractor looks *good*!

Next weekend I think I'll clean up and do the deck. Might as well paint
the whole thing; there are rust bits everywhere on that which are
covered by Deere Yellow rustoleum. With a sanding and two coats of paint
it should look like new.

Just letting people know: Take the cover that's under the steering wheel
off, drag it to Home Depot, and have them match the paint. You will be
pleased with the results.

Chris

Chris