(ET) Re: E16 speed selector repair

 While out sweeping leaves today, the throttle selector
 became suddenly sloppy, then failed completely.

 Turns out the selector handle/rod attaches to the speed
 selector via a split roll pin. The pin sheared, probably
 fatigued, but probably aggravated by the action of the
 rotating disk being a bit stiff.  Probably gunked up a bit.

 Sunday I'm going to disassemble and clean the unit.
 I recall that at least someone on this list has done this
 before.  I searched the archives, but found articles only
 on the foot control - this is the dash control.

 Any advice?

 Thanks,
 Chris