RE: (ET) Amp draw

Here's some old data I took back in 2001 on new (?) meters:

Volt (fuel) meter

The following is a table of needle reading and measured voltage for a gauge in correct working condition. 'E' stands for empty, green is normal operating condition, with 'F' standing for full and white is charge only range. The numbers are when the needle splits the line between colors.

Needle just moves 19.8V

Bottom of red 26.7V

Top of red, bottom of green, "E" 33.1V

Top of green, bottom of white, "F" 39.0V

Top of white, bottom of upper red, 45.5V

Top or upper red 47.3V

Current (load) meter:

Shunt resistance is .000658 ohms, or 20" of #6 copper.

Bottom of green = 0 mV. (0 amps)

Top of green, bottom of yellow = 36 mV (55 amps)

Top of yellow,bottom of red = 64 mV (97 amps)

Top of red = 90 mV (137 amps)

So your 100 mV guess was pretty close; they probably used one and then printed the scale a bit off.

Larry Elie