RE: (ET) noisy differential [Virus checked]

Hopefully you used a drain pan when you drained it. :-)

Dave Reuter

----- Forwarded by Dave Reuter/IAVINC/IAV on 09/10/2003 08:51 AM -----

                      "Gregory Wilcox"

                      <gwilcox buncombe main nc.u        To:       "Barry
Woods" <barry woods wright edu>
                      s>                                 cc:
Elec-Trak list <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
                      Sent by:                           Subject:  RE:
(ET) noisy differential
                      elec-trak-bounces cosmos ph

                      y.tufts.edu

                      09/09/2003 12:34 PM

Hi Barry!
             Have you changed your transmission oil? I changed mine
recently. It was not
hard to do, and it made my E20 run smoother and quieter. I just backed it
up
a hill, let it drain, and dumped Mobil One transmission oil in it. It takes
two 32-ounce bottles; make sure they both go all the way in. Let it drain
for several hours at least, since that stuff is so thick.
             I strongly suggest reading the messages on this subject in the
archives of
this list. A link to the first message in the thread is below. Read them
all; they all have good advice.
             Now if I could just get my charger to work again, I could mow
my yard
myself instead of hiring a lawn service.  :>(
--greg

Message 2142 of 5668