From: Tim Gulden [mailto:rimmer59 hbci com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 8:44 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Mower blade speed

Does anyone know what the minimum blade tip speed should be before the blade tears the grass versus cutting it clean?

I found the following links that calculate this speed.  It looks like our Elec-Trak blades max out at 155 mph.

Should a person rewire the motor for 24 volts and run it at 36 volts to raise the rpm?  Maybe run 2 blades per motor in a +?

Any thoughts?

http://www.hoverhawk.com/propspd.html

http://www.pponk.com/HTML%20PAGES/propcalc.html