(ET) chain problem solved

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the advice on how to put on the chain but it was still too tight as I could not get the motor entirely straight. Decided to fish the old chain out of the garbage and count the links. It had 41 and the chain sent by Bill Gunn had only 40. Bill says that 40 is standard but a small number of machines required an extra link although he hadn't seen one in many years. I got an add-on link at my local mower store put it on and it runs beautifully!
Thanks again for all the help,
Regards,
Richard "Zack" Zachary
PS Still can't find written instructions or pictures on how to fix the steering gears skipping past each other. Does anyone know where to find these?