Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 9:07 AM
Subject: (ET) E12 charger problem

I'm not an active ElekTraker on this list, as my machine resides 1.5 hours away, and I rarely have time to really get into fixing it entirely.

However, I'm having trouble getting a charge on the batteries.  This just started this summer.  The needle always used to go into the white charge zone after about 3 hours of charging, but now it only stays in green, and never goes any further.  The batteries, bought 2 summers ago, appear to be OK.  But the meter reads just a little over 34 and doesn't go higher.  Thus, I suspect something going on with charger.

Can anyone give me any hints or suggestions as to what to check?  My wife is threatening to rent a trailer and haul the thing back to our garage to give me more time to work on it!  Thanks

vince albrecht, cpa, mdiv
312.513.3281 cell