(ET) Landis controller stopped working

Help! My Landis controller is no longer charging my batteries. It was
working fine for the last month, and it suddenly stopped.
        Here are the details: my tractor is an Elec-Trak E-20. The Landis
controller reference voltage wires are connected to the small accessory
receptacle, which provides 36 volts of nominal DC power. The red LED
normally comes on when the battery voltage is below 42 VDC, and turns off
above that. I normally hear the charger humming when the LED is off.
        Lat time I went to charge it, the LED stayed off, but the charger
did not
hum. The device is definitely receiving 120 VAC power, as measured on my
digital VOM. However, the small accessory receptacle is measuring 0 VDC.
        I recall that before I installed the Landis controller, the small
accessory
receptacle measured 0 VDC then too. So I took it apart, cleaned up the
contacts, and it worked properly.
        I may have answered my own question; the small accessory
receptacle may
need replacing. I will be gone until tomorrow night, but I will try
cleaning
it again when I return. If this does not work, I will order a new one.
        This still would not explain why the charger does not come on,
though. Has
anyone had a similar experience? Thanks for any help or advice.
--greg

Gregory Wilcox
31 Overlook Drive
Candler, NC 28715-9260
(828) 665-7531
(775) 255-1617 (fax)
Email address: gwilcox buncombe main nc us
Personal home page: http://buncombe.main.nc.us/~gwilcox/