RE: (ET) an idiot's guide to....

What would cause the motors to not stop immediately after turning off the
PTO
switch?  Usually they stop immediately but several times they free-wheel
for 5
seconds or so.

A different topic but still in this catagory:  I drove my E12S down the
road
about 1/2 mile to fetch its trailer.  Going was downhill, I was in high
gear
and running full throttle and noted some extra loud noise and thought the
wheel
bearings might need grease or something else was rubbing, maybe the brake
dragging.  Then I realized it was probably "regen" (?) motor braking.  So
for
the rest of the downhill part I put it in neutral and coasted whisper
quiet.
So my question is: is there a point when the motor may be harmed by
forward
momentum being to fast??  Or could the noise have been coming from the
gearcase?

thanks,
dave
Seattle
E12S
E15mod

> I just use a mirror set in front at an appropriate angle and sit on the
> seat.
>
> Larry Elie

by
> hand does not work. The other blades don't budge.  So here's what I did.

First
> I tilted the deck 90 degrees so I could see the blades.  Makeing sure
> nothing
> would fly off and if it did I wouldn't be in it's path I flipped the
> switch
> on/off.  Ok after several times it looked to me like the leftmost motor
> was
> turning backward but I couldn't be absolutely certain.  So...  I took a
> 20 ft
> piece of brown garden twine and tied it to the blade and wound it around
> a few
> times before hitting the switch.  Any idea how fast a spinning blade
> will
wrap a
> piece of twine around the shaft?  Well not as fast as you might think
> and it
> actually worked quite well.  I did determine that yes indeed that one
> motor is
> spinning the wrong way.  I suppose the fact that that blade is much
> sharper
than
> the other two should've tipped me off but I didn't notice that or think
look
> for that until after my little string test.
>
> So now what do I do to reverse the direction of the motor?  Which
> wire(s) do I
> switch?  there's two terms in close on a plastic housing. and two terms
> out on
> the larger diameter down on the metal part of the motor.  The 2
> conductor wire
> coming from the harness goes to the inner and outer tems.  and then a
> short
wire