Re: (ET) electrak swap meet

I propose that we open the floor for nominations (self or other) to serve on a swap meet committee. I would only expect the committee members to serve for this one event. I propose that the committee be not too big or too small (say between 2 to 4 members). And if we have more volunteers than we need then hold a brief election. Anybody second my proposal? Have anything to add?

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 09:02  AM, Dave & Debbie Barden wrote:

there you go. no excuse now!

dave

Just tow a generator or a (large) trailer of solar panels! Let's see -- say
3000 miles / 6 MPH ,10 Hrs per day
- see,  it only will take 50 days!

- SteveS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave & Debbie Barden" <daveb seanet com>
To: <plitch attglobal net>; <thumphrey myself com>; <>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 5:55 AM
Subject: RE: (ET) electrak swap meet

all this talk of a meet on the far side of the Mississip brings to mind a quirky little film a few years back called "The Straight Story". I can
just
see a caravan of us west coast Etrak-ers making our way cross country in
20
mile hops. 3,000/20 = 150 days. hmm that'd require only 6mos notice :^)

for those not familar with the film it documents the true story of 2 long estranged brothers and how one of them unable to drive a car and diagnosed
with
a terminal illness sets out accross (Iowa?) on his JD lawnmower to patch
things
up with his brother before he dies.  It's available on video, a great
story,
well acted, and I highly recommend it.  hmmm it's time I watched it
again...

dave
seattle
e12s
e15mod

Works for me! Maybe GE would have some slight interest if a specific
proposal was put to them.
I think we should, however, consider tagging onto another antique
machinery/tractor/car event for ease of organizing.