Re: (ET) E20 transmission whine and overhaul advice request

      Yes, I do. After my Sys. Admin. conquers her latest internet
disaster,
I shall ask her to scan and post the images on her server . Stay tuned.
     As far as the noise is concerned, let's face it, the Peerless
transaxle
isn't exactly a piece of precision engineering.If you really want to quiet
it down, it can be done, but it IS tedious, and time consuming . Adjusting
the endplay, for each assembly, separately , is the ticket.
      Plus, a larger bearing is available for the input shaft.
Other modifications include having the case machined, to accept Torrington®
bearings in some locations, in lieu of thrust washers.
      The loose gear concern can be remedied with  a VERY thorough cleaning
of the affected parts, and reassembly using 640 Loctite®. The thorough
cleaning  aspect can not be over stressed . As you will find, the materials
chosen by Tecumseh® were not of the highest quality, and the gears are
quite
porous, making oil removal difficult.
    If you decide to spend the time, the result will be a tractor that is
eerily quiet. With even normal ambient noise outside, you CAN sneak up on
people.That's the fun part, especially if your tractor has a VERY loud horn
on it !<G>

RJ Kanary  Bandi Bros. Inc.
Member TRNi  Since 1998
ASE® Certified Master Auto Technician