Re: (ET) E12S and a curtis controller??

Hi Dave,

The Curtis 1204 is designed for series motors only.  It will not run a
Sep-X
motor (field separately excited).  If the motor in the E12 is a series type
motor then it should work, if not then you would have to install a series
motor to use that controller.

If you are not in a great hurry, in 4 or 5 weeks from now my company can
offer you a controller that is designed for the E-15 type sep-x motor.  We
are in the final design stage now and have ordered the boards and parts to
build the first proto-type.  It's actually for the newer Golf Carts that
now
use sep-x motors (I guess GE was way ahead of their time).  Since our
controllers are programmable, I talked the design engineer into making
provisions for the  best torque characteristic for the E-15 type motor.  We
will be installing it in my E-15 in a about a week.

 I want to be able to offer a complete upgrade package which will include a
controller and everything needed for installation in the Elec-Trac's.  I
want a foot control on mine that controls the forward and reverse
directions.
The controller has programmable "Throttle Ramp Up" which is smooth with no
jerks.  Low battery, Over Current protection are just a few of the features
of this controller.

I'll keep you informed if you are interested.

Hope this helps.

Steve Richardson
scr echoweb net