Re: (ET) rear end oil change

I can't find the reference, but based on previous discussions I had used 85/140 gear oil (not synthetic). I remember the old oil coming out impressed me as looking like bad coffee. I had a plan to change the oil again "soon" to eliminate the remains of the old goo, so I need to remember to do that.

Hazen, Dwight L wrote:
For cold weather Mobile synthetic transmission oil is a must! It should
be 80 or 90 weight. Using 10/40 engine oil you might have a problem with
the thin oil leaking out of the case and seals. For sub zero use 10/40
might be ok. I noticed a big difference in performance with temps in the
low 40's using the synthetic oil.

Any new oil is better than old/low oil!

_________
Jim Coate