Re: (ET) Not fixed yet

A useful factoid:
Most relays with 110 VAC coils work very well on 36 VDC. The coil resistances are pretty similar, because the total impedance of the coil to the AC is higher due to the inductive impedance, which doesn't affect DC current.

Harry Landis

From: "Roy Vanderhoef" <Roy Vanderhoef verizon net>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: (ET) Not fixed yet
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 19:48:32 -0400

I want to thanks all of you, especially Tom for the detailed help, and
Steve for stopping by and giving me some hand holding OJT.   Steve and I
quickly replaced the suspect relay and , da da! the problem was solved.
Steve also took a look at my charger and believes he isolated the
charging problem to a bad diode.  hopefully with good weather tomorrow I
will pull out the charger from my parts beast, and hope it works.

While Steve and I was able to get the ET driving again, the relays that
are in it look pretty bad and I think I will order some new ones.  Where
do I get such relays??  and how do I reach them?  Phone number, web
site?

Once again Thanks all