[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (ET) 24 volt battery gauge
- Subject: Re: (ET) 24 volt battery gauge
- From: Paul and Sue Abendroth <pabendro gemair com>
- Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 10:22:08 -0400
- Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 10:25:03 -0400
- Envelope-to: elec-trak-outgoing cosmos phy tufts edu
- In-reply-to: <CC502C8E2CCE4C48A476E37E984BB11103C0648D maismx mais bf um ich.edu>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
At 09:15 AM 6/6/03 , Chapin, Tim wrote:
I should be getting my controller back from repair next week for the 24
pontoon boat project. I would like to find a battery fuel gauge for it.
Something simple like the elec trak gauge that way when others are using it
they can easily read full, half full, empty, so on... Where would I look
for something like that?
The ET meter is an expanded scale voltmeter (the zero is suppressed so some
minimum voltage is required to get to the "0". you can simulate this by
connecting a zener diode in series with a voltmeter (You can use a
milliampere meter and resistor) and making a new scale. Someone who's tried
it may be able to suggest the values for the diode and resistor for 24 volts.
Paul and Sue Abendroth
pabendro gemair com
our permanent address is pabendroth dma org