From: Elie, Larry (L.D.) [mailto:lelie ford com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 10:47 AM
To: 'Pieter Litchfield'; Discussion List Electrac tractor
Subject: RE: (ET) DC hydraulic pumps [Virus checked]

Your point is well taken.

As odd as it sounds, if the motors are wired in SERIES, the current is one
is the same current as
the current in the other, so if one motor gets hot and voltage limits, the
other can't pass any more
current than the bad actor.  Since the torque is proportional to the
current, this is the easiest way
to balance the torques to the screws.

That does not help if there is a mechanical problem, rust or whatever.
There would have to be some
provision to turn one screw with respect to the other to re-balance the
system if a problem occurs.

Larry Elie