Re: (ET) DC hydraulic pumps [Virus checked]

Pieter,

If you use a screw nut and not a ball nut the screw nut will hold due to
the friction in the interface between the thread of the nut and screw. When
I used it in that application I mentioned I would load up the screw to the
3000 lbs and leave it for hours in this position and it held fine without
power. The only disadvantage is that it is less efficient and you have to
power it down as well as up. But it still will be better than all the
losses due to energy conversions that you described in your email between
the battery, the electric motor, the hydraulic motor, and the cylinder.

A company I worked for in the past was Warner Electric. They were sold to
from what it looks like from a internet search Danaher.

Here is a link to the product line for actuators. Hope this helps. There
seems to be a few people interested so I'll post this to the group.

http://www.thomsonindustries.com/Sections/products/products_main.asp?PC=8999003&L=False&IT=Contact&GI=1

Dave Reuter