RE: (ET) It's almost done (and other famous last words)

Yes, that is correct.

The line disconnect does NOT break up the pack. It breaks the connection
from the B2 positive and the charger, as well as the shunt for the ammeter
-
which then connects to all of the rest of the tractor.

Connect your external charger to B2+ and B5-. Leave the disconnect,
disconnected.(your onboard voltmeter will be disabled also.)

Stay Charged!

Hump