Re: (ET) My First Mow Job

> When they short you lose your upper speeds. I
> haven't figured out why yet.

That's pretty easy to answer: That whole card assembly is basically there
monitor current going across the shunt. As long as the current is below a
certain value the card does not short the field weakening resistor banks
and
high-speed is availible.

As soon as the armature current exceeds the value (say you're climbing a
hill), the transistors turn off and the field weakening resistors are
effectively shorted. This brings the field to full current and slows down
the motor. It also has a side effect of bringing the motor to full power.

Really great idea IMHO.
Chris