Re: (ET) Mower Deck Baffles

I have a new deck with no baffles, but I can't for the life of me see how it is different than any other REAR discharge deck.
John Briese
I5

From: "Humphrey, Timothy" <HumphreyT neads ang af mil>
To: "'elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu'" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: (ET) Mower Deck Baffles
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 20:04:02 -0000

Hey Guys;

I just talked to Bill Gunn and happened to mention that "we" had talked
about not needing the baffles on the rear discharge decks. He seemed alarmed
that I said that and mentioned that it had originated from a conversation
with him. He then went on to explain that If you have a NEW DECK
MANUFACTURED BY HIM the baffles are not needed (and will get in the way).
However, if you have an original deck they are most certainly required.

The original rear discharge decks can be identified by the fact that they
can be setup as either rear or side discharge, if you have one of these, you
must keep the baffles.

Stay Charged!

Hump