(ET) Battery readout [Virus checked]

Bill,

Check around with some of the electronics stores that sell parts. You might
find a graphic equalizer  display that might have what your looking for.
Usually they have 6 or more bar graphs in them.

Dave Reuter
_________________________________
Senior Engineer
IAV Automotive Engineering, Inc.
_________________________________

----- Forwarded by Dave Reuter/IAVINC/IAV on 04/28/2003 12:21 PM -----

                      Bill

                      <wilbett earthlink net>          To:       ET
<elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
                      Sent by:                         cc:

                      owner-elec-trak cosmos ph        Subject:  (ET)
Battery readout
                      y.tufts.edu

                      04/28/2003 12:04 PM

    Wouldn't it be great to have instant dashboard readout of the
voltage on each battery! This could be done with the little bar LCD
meters. Multiconductor cable with AWG 22 wire would be sufficient for
the hookup. Any weak or undercharged battery would be evident right
away. But where do you get these six channel meters?
    Its time consuming to measure the voltage of each battery
individually, and/or use a hydrometer. I make myself do it every month
or so, but I hate it. My "fuel" current meter has never indicated
anything useful to me. It may have dirty connections because it never
reads "full".
    I realize I could do this with one meter and a rotary switch, but
I'd like to see the bars of all six batteries at once for quick
comparison.

Bill/E-12/NE Kansas