(ET) Re: Battery boxe removal

Was just there yesterday!

Be careful - I did exactly what you were thinking, but then I saw some rust
under the charger, so I took that out, then I saw some stuff under the
front
support, and then, and then, - well, by the end of the day I had the whole
E20 in pieces all around me.  Oh well, I needed to take the chassis in for
some reconstructive surgery anyway.

Anyway, to answer your question, there are the rivets on the sides and then
there are two screws holding the bottom bend to the chassis on each panel.
It looks like there is a place for a third screw along the same flap up
front, but mine didn't have anything there. I think you will find the
screws
to be 'difficult', luckily the phillips head makes a great center for a
drill bit. I drilled it out down to the chassis, then unscrewed the end of
the screw from the bottom using vice-grips - of course by that point it was
all apart and easy to get to. You can probably drill them out the rest of
way from the top. I think it's well worth removing the panels and killing
the rust you will find between the bottom bend and the chassis, as that is
common rust thru area.

Oh yeah and remove the two outlets on the left panel.

SteveS
E12Ss
E20