(ET) Mower Motors

 I need a small manure spreader to haul horse manure,but the price tag on
small commercially available ground-driven spreaders,Mill Creek,etc. is so
exorbitant that I am thinking of building one from scratch or modifying
something else. Then I got to thinking: Why not scrap the ground-driven
principle,using electric motors plugged into my Elec-Trak instead? That
way I could park in one spot and spread the whole load if I wanted
to,instead of having to drive around.I believe I could also get away with
less belts and pulleys (and money) that way. That leads me to the
question: Would spare motors from a large frame Elec-Trak mower deck have
the power and durability to work in such an application?
Any ideas will be gladly accepted.
Thank You,
Harold Zimmerman
Leola PA